Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sometimes I Cry

Photo by: Mike Ingalls, my step dad.

I had reason today to move the file which contained this picture. I hadn't looked at it up close recently. I mean this is the photo I use as my standard 'before' shot, so I show it once or twice a month to people. I don't really look at it much.

I sent it Gabbi, she's a weight loss surgery girl too with a statement, "Sometimes I forget".

I do.

I don't really forget, I hope I never do. But sometimes I just worry about daily stuff like money and childcare and what to make for dinner and the reality of my weight loss is floating around in the back of my head.
Then I saw this picture today and sent a note. Moments later I was lacing my shoes to go for a three mile run. I run.

That girl in that picture there, she runs.

That's monumental. So much so that I cried. Where else do you but emotions of relief and joy and sorrow and gratitude? I hope I can capture just mind blowing that is someday, because it is. To go from being there to here has been amazing.
It's not just about accomplishing the goal. It's about understanding that one can do whatever it is that they want to do. If one takes the long view and breaks things down into manageable pieces. Oh then not giving up. There's so much more to this.

6 comments:

  1. Made me cry a little too..cuz I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly an amazing person, J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be so freakin' proud of yourself...you have worked so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That totally made me tear up. I came to your blog through LapBandTalk.com (was reading the PS thread) and seeing how far you have come is truly inspiring. Thanks for posting this!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an amazing person to have accomplished so much. That photo is a reminder of all the hard work you've done. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete