Friday, February 6, 2009

Arbitrary Passwords and Brazil

I really should be writing a paper right now about leadership’s role during project management cycle.

No wonder I’m distractible. Snooze.

I’m nearly finished with school so you’d think I’d keep doing the good until I was finished. I probably will, but right now at this very moment I want to share a chuckle and some other arbitrary stuff.

“Random” would have been a perfectly acceptable word for arbitrary, but I’m on a one woman crusade to eradicate it from the current lexicon. Cats and Dolls, it’s on its way to being one of those phrases, you know the kind that absolutely dates you. Whatev.

Passwords as humor

Recently, I had to call tech support for my AT&T internet service. When the fella asked me what my old password was I wished it was something super nasty. I can’t even type some of my favorite nastinesses here. I’m scared for my precious reputation. But somewhere along the way I read something funny about setting up horribly inappropriate passwords just so when you are in such a situation you can make the call center worker either laugh or die of embarrassment. Regardless, you’ll have impacted their day in a memorable way. Call center workers can use some memorable impact.

I suppose having “urvoiceizsexy” would be funny too and less vulgar. Or “imnakednow” could cause a stir.

My unfounded love of all things Brazilian

I’m not talking about different depilatory styles here people. I’m talking about that South American country. I'm falling in love with country for no real reason, aside from it looks like an amazing place and the music speaks to my heart. And by music I mean traditional and contemporary. I'm on a kick.

I found a native Brazilian woman living in my midst and I’m going to use her to learn Portuguese. She doesn’t know it yet but I will charm her with my wit and baked goods and promises of free child care if she’ll talk to me. What an offer!

I love learning languages and what better language than Portuguese? You ask why, I ask why not. The point is to collect languages because I grew up in a house where people were not native English speakers. They spoke English to each other, but it was their secondary or tertiary language. I learned ASL easily (sort of, in a jacked up fashion, but it works for me and my needs) because my language acquisition receptors are wired like a kid who was exposed to languages early. Go figure. It was German and Hungarian, btw.

Happy Endings

I was struggling to find resources to pay for my extensive and painful plastic surgery I really want to have.

At one point in the conversation yesterday I was discussing with the GF that I do give decent messages. I’m not averse to giving a happy ending either (I actually am, and she’s really the only “client” I’d want-we keep it interesting) if it would put more cash in my pocket.

But fortunately after some finagling, and a tax return later I think I can manage to have surgery, buy groceries and keep the electricity on in the house. That’s a happy ending indeed.

Okay, back to project management. Remind me to tell you about my resume exercise project I did with the help of a good friend. I’m more awesome than I originally thought I was. Perhaps really I’m just more insufferable.

Peace my Lovelies

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm amused. And I'm officially changing all my passwords to “urvoiceizsexy." Although perhaps I shouldn't put that on the web.

    And, I agree with you about "random." That word can go the way of "utilized." :)

    Good luck on the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, awesome is what you are. Which reminds me, I'm supposed to be re-learning French right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. It asked me for a special codeword when I wanted to post that comment and it said "flifist".

    Is it just me or is that like a dirty word or something?

    ReplyDelete