Thursday, February 26, 2009

Time to Rest

When all is going as it should do you start looking for trouble?

I do. Well I used to and it's a habit I'm trying very hard to break. It takes some effort to say, "You know, I'm allowed to have easy. It's going to get hard in a minute so take the break while you can."

But as soon as I exhale if I'm not careful I start finding new things to do. I'm resisting it. It's hard, but I am.

I have Ms Black getting all coachy which is amazing and seems like the perfect fit for her. I'm so stoked to see what her model will look like and how freaking cool it will all come to be. I assure you it will be amazing because she has that touch.

But the my take home message is "what are you waiting on?" And really the answer is graduation in 5 weeks, huge surgery and weeks of recovery and then the plan to write as have it established. The coaching gig for me will come later...but I've the itch.

Also, I have people coming into my office, closing the door, asking me if they can be my test customers (read free advice) and if I can help them figure out what to do with their lives, husbands, and jobs. So the word's out that I've got the skills. I just don't have the structure or the time to commit.

It's not time, it's not time, it's not time.

Do you like the mantra?

So I'm trying to rest on easy. School work is low key right now. It's stuff that I love. Succession Planning. Oh, planning. Planning excites me. Corporate planning and skill building gives me shivers of delight. So I exaggerate, but still it's the stuff I love way more than say accounting.

There's all kinds of incredible things and happy off beat stuff happening right now. There are connections that are wild which I can't even put words to. I'm at a place where I just kind of want to receive instead of produce.

That is new.

That my friends is an epiffy-rockin-ee.

1 comment:

  1. I think you'll make an incredible coach! But of course, I think there's the need for order and doing what feels right inside.

    ReplyDelete