Monday, February 23, 2009

Today I decided I was finished being ill. I decided last night actually. And I had pretty much turned the corner so it’s not like I didn’t have logic on my side.

I set my alarm clock to get up early enough to do Shiva Nata
take a shower, wake the girl child, pack lunches and get off to school and work for the day. When it went off I debated hitting snooze, but sat on the edge of the bed and got moving.

It went amazingly smoothly. I didn’t touch it last week, so I was surprised and a little annoyed. I hadn’t planned on spending much time doing it and it looked as if I was going to have to linger with it until it got hard. But no, I love the DVD feature to hop ahead. So I did and I started messing up and all was right with the world.

Namaste and all that good stuff

The girl child was easy to deal with this morning, which is a crap shoot.

The lights were all green on the way to work.

I saw a good friend on my way in and we chatted.

People were delightful and said good morning.

My birthday earring has been found

It will be returned. This is huge people. I’m not a thing person and the loss of this earring reestablished why that’s a healthy way to be, but I’m happy to have it back anyway. I swore the GF to only buying me cheap jewelry from here on out. Well aside from wanting The Ring. I share the princess fantasy with my peers, don’t judge.

I got positive feedback on my resume.

I applied for a fancy job which I am more than qualified to do. I feel good about this mainly because of the all the green lights this morning.

I’ve asked a well respected professor whom I bicycle with to be a reference for me and she said she’d be delighted.

I’ve worked out and my abs are hurting in a good way.

Oh and there’s so much more

I’ve got serious ideas about how the me and my obesity illness can coexist in my body. There are thoughts on shared imagery and fantasy of fat people and then some differences in eating disorders. There are thoughts on the celebrity of going form 350 to 150 (that’s pounds) and how people are swarming me again. And that’s quite a reach, calling myself a celebrity and them swarming, but it feels like that so I’m using it.

Also, I found some rocking Reggaeton on the iPod during the workout. Don’t you love when you find something you forgot you had?

It’s really been a good 8 hours so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment