Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Eggs and Networking




Photo Link: VirtualErn
You never know who you might meet when you walk into a room.
I came across a familiar face today in a training session at work. We don't have many training sessions here and there's a pervasive idea that they are optional, so I toyed with the idea of not going. But I'm at a point where I'm doing my best to tune in and stay connected and giving my agency my all.

There is something about working hard until the very end and/or trying everything so when I walk away I can say I tried. Makes me feel good.

But low, it was when I read the "howdy" screen and caught the name of the facilitator/instructor I got excited. I knew him, knew his work. He was one of the first presenters I came across in my career who made me think, "I want that job."

He's that good.
He's James White. (Bad link! another thing to talk about!)

At break I reconnected with him. There were other touch points where we've hit here and there so that was easy. But then and here's where Juli is wearing her big girl panties and projecting her value...I started talking about what I could do for him.
(I could have put a picture of big girl panties at the top which might have been more provocative, but really I see them as big white grannies that can get hitched up high, there's confidence in knowing your butt is covered.)
We are going to meet and he's going to share his experiences, which are vast and valuable to me. And I'm going to kick him in the butt on social media and other ways to make more money.
Mentor meet motivator.

We are going to have eggs.

Having eggs is my favorite way to have a meeting with a person because:

I can pick up the check because it's the cheapest meal of the day.
I do my best in the morning.
They don't get sidetracked with other obligations until later in the day.
And we all have to get back to work so there are finite time allotments.

I'm so completely stoked.


1 comment:

  1. This is fab. But not only because I happen to love eggs.

    I can't wait to see what you get out of this meeting.

    ReplyDelete