Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Buzz, Buzz, Buzz

No I'm not buzzing from too much coffee or like I've been plugged in too long. My mind is swirling with so many ideas that I'm scared I'll lose them if they don't get captured.

And that's a good problem to have.

How sad would it be not to have ideas and options and stuff to occupy your self, your hands, your mind? There's so much I want to do.

People say there are systems out there for capturing your thoughts. I love my Franklin Covey planner, frankly, but I under use it most of the time. I took a day long class once on how to use their system. It must have been the right thing at the right moment because I've continued with my sloppy adaptions for years since.

I'm all a buzz with ideas for what I want to do next, then next and the next after that.

I've got to get through the present before I can really germinate any of them. And well most don't pay. I've got to focus on the getting paid aspect of my life, which dawns on me, I've got to write my resume.

So along with the unpaid buzz, which is learning a few languages, writing a screen play and climbing a wall which sit on top of the tasks to develop which might help me get paid. Which includes writing a few how to book ideas and shopping those around to agents, finishing my next 10.5 weeks of classes, getting in my optimal healthy form for surgery in April, and writing that resume, there are things I just want to do.

The things are all competeing for space in my brain. It's a big brain and I'm the queen of the spread sheet of ideas, but I'm running out of empty corner to stash ideas. I have to get them out and on paper and put somewhere where I won't forget them.

Enter Mr FC Planner.

I have to have a coffee date with my planner. Just to two of us in the noisy Cup O' Joe, my favorite fine tip retractable pilot pen, some odd ball music which is delightful coming out the speakers, stuff I'd never buy but enjoy, a pot of white tea, and my Franklin Covey planner. It's like an intimate date; just me and him.

My planner apparently is male.

Which makes sense. I hate and love men. I hate them for not being female and for being so "other". But I love them for being helpful and willing to cooperate if you ask nicely. I'm always surprised when I find a man I genuinly like. Not that there aren't many, I do have some favortie fellas out there , but I assume I'll just always not like a man when I first meet him.

Oh how unfair, I know. Sue me.

I think I'll scratch out an hour and get that tea tonight. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment