Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Color me... well brightly

So I joke that blogging is so 2002. That's when I first took it up. That one has been long abandoned, like so many.

Than there was a weight loss blog that wasn't too long for this world and more recently there was one that detailed my progress with weight loss surgery. That's http://www.lapbandaid.blogspot.com/ I'm guessing it too will be lost due to disinterest. Actually I don't want to lose it entirely because there's a some nuggets in there that will become points in a book.

Did I say book?

Yes, yes I did. I'm going to write a book. Get it published even, well because I want to.

Here's the thing. The thing that's going to separate this blog from the others. It's the audience. You reader. I'm actually assuming I'm going to be read. The other ones were for me and any random person who happened across them. But this is so much more, m-o-r-e intentional.

What about that? Me being intentional and all.

So it's the new year and with that comes all kind of promises one makes to oneself and to others and the universe. I just want to say I let myself not do that this year. Well not in the way of resolutions.

This year as in last year I made a plan for the year. A plan to get work done and you know vat? I got my shit done last year. Oh was it glorious like go to distant lands and become a millionaire? Of course not. But I did get closer to the SO, and that was on the plan. I did make giant strides toward the vision.

Oh the vision.

You know the one where I'm a better form of my younger self. It's more than that, but it's as simple as that too.

Life is good when you do what you say you'll do. You don't beat yourself up. The sun shines brighter, birds sing more sweetly, children quit fighting, gray rooms turn Technicolor as you enter.

Well, so I remember. Near the end of the year I got into the rut again. I got into feeling like I could do more, should do more and the fact that I wasn't performing to my own outrageous standards had me feeling just a tad blue about me.

But then something happened. I read about patterns and giving yourself time with them and taking tender loving care of you heart and mind at http://www.fluentself.com/ (which is astonishing and brilliant, BTW) and low, I'm back to my technicolor self.

What's more I came across that there little link from some mainstream something or another while looking for the next job. It was a delight in a rather dull grind of the Internet. What a fun happenstance, but then some people say there are no coincidences or accidents. Everything happens for a reason.

Well you are here for a reason too. Hope it's to find a little something fun for your minutes, or it could be more. Regardless. Welcome.

1 comment: